Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Excel 2007: Line where a gap should be, but only when plotting on ahorizontal date axis

I have a series of weekly values that I am trying to plot. For some
weeks there is no data is present and the cells are empty (no formula
results or anything).

When I plot the data and set the horizontal axis option to 'Date Axis'
Excel plots a line through the missing data, where I want gaps. I have
set the option for Excel to leave a gap (under Select Data Empty and
Hidden Cells) in the plot but it is ignoring the setting.

If I set the axis to 'Text Axis' it plots the line with gaps but I
lose the benefits that come with setting the horizontal axis as a Date
Axis.

Any ideas on how I can have excel plot with gaps when using a date
axis.

Cheers
Nick
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

With SP2 applied I do not see the behaviour you are describing. I get gaps,
for empty cells, with both Date and Text axis.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"Nick_F" wrote in message
I have a series of weekly values that I am trying to plot. For some
weeks there is no data is present and the cells are empty (no formula
results or anything).

When I plot the data and set the horizontal axis option to 'Date Axis'
Excel plots a line through the missing data, where I want gaps. I have
set the option for Excel to leave a gap (under Select Data Empty and
Hidden Cells) in the plot but it is ignoring the setting.

If I set the axis to 'Text Axis' it plots the line with gaps but I
lose the benefits that come with setting the horizontal axis as a Date
Axis.

Any ideas on how I can have excel plot with gaps when using a date
axis.

Cheers
Nick

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

On May 20, 4:46*pm, "Andy Pope" wrote:
Hi,

With SP2 applied I do not see the behaviour you are describing. I get gaps,
for empty cells, with both Date and Text axis.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excelhttp://www.andypope.info"Nick_F" wrote in message

I have a series of weekly values that I am trying to plot. For some
weeks there is no data is present and the cells are empty (no formula
results or anything).

New computer, first time on excel 2007, same headaches! The SP2
install cured this one.

Thanks
Nick