Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Nick_F Nick_F is offline

Default Excel 2007: Line where a gap should be, but only when plotting on ahorizontal date axis

I have a series of weekly values that I am trying to plot. For some
weeks there is no data is present and the cells are empty (no formula
results or anything).

When I plot the data and set the horizontal axis option to 'Date Axis'
Excel plots a line through the missing data, where I want gaps. I have
set the option for Excel to leave a gap (under Select Data Empty and
Hidden Cells) in the plot but it is ignoring the setting.

If I set the axis to 'Text Axis' it plots the line with gaps but I
lose the benefits that come with setting the horizontal axis as a Date
Axis.

Any ideas on how I can have excel plot with gaps when using a date
axis.

Cheers
Nick