Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default write graph series using formulas

Can we write or edit graph's series instead of selecting the required cells
by setting a formula that reflects the required cells to be selected?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

When you select a series in a chart, there is a formula in the formula bar:

=SERIES(etc.)

This formula has four parameters: Series Name, X values, Y values, plot
order. If it's a bubble chart it has a fifth parameter for bubble size.

You can edit these formulas right in the formula bar, you can copy a
formula, select the plot area, and paste the formula into the formula bar to
add it to the same or a different chart. And you can simply select the plot
area and start writing your own series formula.

Here's an article about the chart series formula:
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsH...esFormula.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/

Advanced Excel Conference - June 17-18 2009 - Charting and Programming
http://peltiertech.com/Training/2009...00906ACNJ.html
_______