Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default how do i extract the formula from a trendline in Excel?

I have a lot of data with an order 6 polynomial trendline. I know I can see
the equation used to plot the trendline by displaying the equation on the
chart, but is there a way to output this equation to a cell instead? I would
like to analyse the data, but copying each equation for each set of data into
cells (and having to rewrite them as formulae that excel will recognise) will
take a long time. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

If it's a poly fit, use the LINEST worksheet function:

http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/E...Polynomial.htm

If it's more complex, try Tushar's approach:

http://www.tushar-mehta.com/publish_...nalysis/16.htm

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
Advanced Excel Conference - June 17-18 2009 - Charting and Programming
http://peltiertech.com/Training/2009...00906ACNJ.html
_______