Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default A very simple graph gives me headache!!

Hi All

I want to draw a "Demand" line graph. If the price of apples is $1 per kg,
the demand would be 100kg, if the price is $2 the demand would drop to 90kg,
etc... The example values are like this:
$2 ... 100
$4 ... 90
$6 ... 85
$8 ... 74
$10 ... 60
$12 ... 50

I created 2 columns Cost and Demand. If i just click a graph button on the
insert tab and select the graph, using the data in the columns it gives me 2
sets of values.

What i need is the x-axis to be qty demanded and the y-axis, the Price/kg.

thanx
Herman
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,
I entered your values, gave each column a heading, hit the F11 key and
got a graph like the one you need..

--
Pecoflyer

Cheers -
Pecoflyer's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=14
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=93167

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Nope, I got what i get the whole time, let me explain what i get:

There are 2 sets of values displayed on the graph, the cost values as well
as the values of the demands. X
I need only demand values and the other values should be the intervals on
the axis.

This would bee the graph that I need.

$14 |
$12 |
$10 |
$8 |
$6 |
$4 |
$2 |______________________________
0 20kg 40kg 60kg 80kg 100kg
Qty of Apples demanded

Thanks for your trouble.

Herman_KLF;333403 Wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

What you require is exactly what I get...
Any way you could post your original sheet ( leaving confidential data
out)?
(It's possible on our forum)

Herman_KLF;333403 Wrote:
[...]

Pecoflyer's Profile: 'The Code Cage Forums - View Profile: Pecoflyer'

(http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/me...pecoflyer.html)
View this thread: 'A very simple graph gives me headache!! - The Code

Cage Forums' (http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=93167)

--
Pecoflyer

Cheers -
Pecoflyer's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=14
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=93167

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

On Tue, 5 May 2009 09:52:23 +0100, Pecoflyer
wrote:

(It's possible on our forum)

This group? How? Or what is the group name?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Put the demand in the first column and the price in the second column.
Select this range of data, and create an XY chart, not a line chart. Choose
a subtype that connects the markers with lines.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
Advanced Excel Conference - June 17-18 2009 - Charting and Programming
http://peltiertech.com/Training/2009...00906ACNJ.html
_______

"Herman_KLF" wrote in message
Hi All

I want to draw a "Demand" line graph. If the price of apples is $1 per kg,
the demand would be 100kg, if the price is $2 the demand would drop to
90kg,
etc... The example values are like this:
$2 ... 100
$4 ... 90
$6 ... 85
$8 ... 74
$10 ... 60
$12 ... 50

I created 2 columns Cost and Demand. If i just click a graph button on the
insert tab and select the graph, using the data in the columns it gives me
2
sets of values.

What i need is the x-axis to be qty demanded and the y-axis, the Price/kg.

thanx
Herman

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Drawing Supply and Demand curves in Excel
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/ch...mand/index.htm

--
Tushar Mehta
http://www.tushar-mehta.com