Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Ant Ant is offline

Default Simple graph

I have a range of data corresponding to several years:

Year Amount
1997 100
1998 150
1999 200
2000 250 etc

How can I display a graph with this range that shows the amounts in a bar
graph on the Y axis and the years along the bottom on the X axis. If I use
the wizard it tries to compare 1997 to 100 which is obviously not what I want
to do.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

The quickest way is to clear the cell that contains the word Year and
then use the wizard.

Excel is trying to help you, although not successfully, by using the
column headers as a clue that you have two data series.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel