Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Move Data Series Manually

Hi

I have a combination graph: stacked column and line graph

Stacked Column:
Number of Points Compliant
Number of Points Non-Comliant

Line:
YTD % Compliant
Monthly % Comliant.

With the line YTD % Compliant I have on the secondary axis (which is fine)
The Monthly % Compliant I have removed the line and am using the Markers...

How do I Move the Monthly % to the top of the graph (above the Stacked
columns) regardless of the value. ie I dont want it associated with an axis.

Many thanks
Tracey

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

All series in a chart need to be associated with a series. What do you mean,
you're trying to move the markers to the top of the graph? Aren't the
markers supposed to indicate a value?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
Advanced Excel Conference - Training in Charting and Programming
http://peltiertech.com/Training/2009...00906ACNJ.html
_______

"Tracey" wrote in message
Hi

I have a combination graph: stacked column and line graph

Stacked Column:
Number of Points Compliant
Number of Points Non-Comliant

Line:
YTD % Compliant
Monthly % Comliant.

With the line YTD % Compliant I have on the secondary axis (which is fine)
The Monthly % Compliant I have removed the line and am using the
Markers...

How do I Move the Monthly % to the top of the graph (above the Stacked
columns) regardless of the value. ie I dont want it associated with an
axis.

Many thanks
Tracey

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi Jon,

Yes the markers are supposed to indicate a value... The % Compliant value
gets lost in the graph so the requirement is to show the value at the top.

Month: Jan Feb March
Sample Size 10 15 8
Compliant Sample 5 5 6
Non- Compliant 5 10 2
% Compliant 50% 33% 25%
YTD % 50% 40% 36%

I am more than happy to show you what I have done so far as it would be easy
to explain.

Many Thanks
Tracey

"Tracey" wrote in message
Hi

I have a combination graph: stacked column and line graph

Stacked Column:
Number of Points Compliant
Number of Points Non-Comliant

Line:
YTD % Compliant
Monthly % Comliant.

With the line YTD % Compliant I have on the secondary axis (which is fine)
The Monthly % Compliant I have removed the line and am using the
Markers...

How do I Move the Monthly % to the top of the graph (above the Stacked
columns) regardless of the value. ie I dont want it associated with an
axis.

Many thanks
Tracey

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I meant the position of the markers should indicate a value, but I think you
mean the data labels on the markers indicates the value.

I think I would use an approach like this:
http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/gro...a-panel-chart/
with perhaps the columns of counts in the bottom panel and two lines with
percentages in the top.

Here's another panel chart explanation:
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsH...venScales.html

If you just want labels to show the percentages, plot your data with
appropriate Y values that put the points near the top, hide the lines and
markers, and use one of these free Excel utilities to add the labels you've
calculated to the now hidden data points:

Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm
John Walkenbach's Chart Tools,
http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/charttools.htm

- Jon