Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Increasing resolution of a surface contour plot

I have data that needs to be plotted in a surface contour plot. The Z axis
is in percentage of the maximum value. The plot will only show the curves in
20% increments. I would like at least 10% resolution, better yet 5%. Is
there any way to change how the plot is drawn to get these resolutions?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

In Classic Excel, right click on the legend, choose Format, and make
adjustments on the Scale tab.

If you're using Excel 2007, I don't know where this setting is, but you
could still try the legend.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
_______

"rtbrd" wrote in message
I have data that needs to be plotted in a surface contour plot. The Z axis
is in percentage of the maximum value. The plot will only show the curves
in
20% increments. I would like at least 10% resolution, better yet 5%. Is
there any way to change how the plot is drawn to get these resolutions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

You need to adjust the Major Unit of the Value axis.
In xl2003 you can use the Legend to do this. Format legend and on the Scale
tab adjust Major Unit.

In xl2007 you will need to select the value axis.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel