Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Can't save data label/leader line formatting in Excell 2007

I format the data labels (font type & size) and add leader lines then save
the changes. However, when I close and reopen the document, the changes are
gone. Can someone tell me why? And how I can save my formatting? I'm using
Excel 2007.

Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

I can duplicate the loosing of the leader lines, and I have submitted it as
a but. But the font color, font size and position are retained. Please
provide more details on any other change you aren't retaining.

Also, make sure you have SP1 installed, it fixed a number of chart problems.
Press Alt+1, choose Resources and note the last line under about
Microsoft... should include SP1.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Jennie" wrote:

I format the data labels (font type & size) and add leader lines then save
the changes. However, when I close and reopen the document, the changes are
gone. Can someone tell me why? And how I can save my formatting? I'm using
Excel 2007.

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi Shane,

Thank you for your quick reply. I do have SP1 installed. This is what is
written in the About box:
Microsoft (R) Office Excel (R) 2007 (12.0.6331.5000) SP1 MSO (12.0.6320.5000)
Part of Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007

The position of my data labels is retained, just not the font type and size
for the data labels, or their corresponding leader lines. It's all highly
bizarre. Thanks for submitting the leader-line issue. Do you know why the
font is funky?

"Jennie" wrote:

I format the data labels (font type & size) and add leader lines then save
the changes. However, when I close and reopen the document, the changes are
gone. Can someone tell me why? And how I can save my formatting? I'm using
Excel 2007.

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi Shane,

I forgot to mention that the chart was embedded in another sheet, not a
separate sheet. I don't know if that matters . . .

Thanks,
Jennie