Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Is there a list of names for the various charts...

....with graphics, as I'm having a problem explaining my query e.g. a column
chart with plus and minus figures in the series; the plus figures should
show above the category axis line and the minus figures below the line.

What would this chart be called?

2007 user
Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

You can do this with a Line chart or XY scatter, even Column charts or an
Area chart. If you are asking is there a special chart name for this type of
chart, you might check Jon Poltier's website. If you are asking does Excel
have a special name for that type of chart, no.

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Shevvie" wrote:

...with graphics, as I'm having a problem explaining my query e.g. a column
chart with plus and minus figures in the series; the plus figures should
show above the category axis line and the minus figures below the line.

What would this chart be called?

2007 user
Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

It's called a column chart. Plot the data normally.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.