Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Shane Devenshire Shane Devenshire is offline

Default Is there a list of names for the various charts...

Hi,

You can do this with a Line chart or XY scatter, even Column charts or an
Area chart. If you are asking is there a special chart name for this type of
chart, you might check Jon Poltier's website. If you are asking does Excel
have a special name for that type of chart, no.

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Shevvie" wrote:

...with graphics, as I'm having a problem explaining my query e.g. a column
chart with plus and minus figures in the series; the plus figures should
show above the category axis line and the minus figures below the line.

What would this chart be called?

2007 user
Thank you