Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Excel 2007 - Font size in legend decreases with each file open

Hello!

I am using Excel 2007 SP1 on Windows XP Pro SP3. I have a workbook with 4
pages. The 4th page contains graphs of data shown on the other pages (13
graphs in total on this page).

My problem is that the font size of the Legends decreases by a few tenths
each time the file is opened, becoming progressively smaller and smaller. For
example, I set it to 8 pts, save and close the file. If I open it again, the
font size has decreased to 7.8 pts. The next time I open the file it has
decreased to 7.6 pts. Just small decreases, but not as regular as I have
indicated above - I have not really kept track (I have better things to do
with my time at work) but the decreases seem to vary. Within a few days the
point size has decreased to less than 4 pts, and I must manually format each
legend and set the font size back to 8.

No other fonts seem to be affected. This page has protection enabled (no
password, but I know that no-one else is changing anything in this file).
There are no macros in this file. Not every graph has a legend.

I would like to know what is causing this, as it is starting to get annoying
to me and the others to whom I send this file by email, and also how to get
the font size to stay constant.

Any suggestions?

--
Philip