Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Line & Column on Two Axes for Blood Pressure & Weight

Using Excel 2003

Trying to plot blood pressure systolic, diastolic, plus upper and lower
control limits on one axis as a line chart superimposed upon bar data points
(weight) driven by secondary axis. Data series are in the order as given
above.

Started with a simple line chart for the first four series then decided to
add fifth (weight). Changed "Chart Type" to "Line - Column on 2 Axes" by
simply selecting that type from among listings and watched the example
change shape. Actual chart changed to all columns driven from the primary
axis. Examined the source data, found the last column (weight) missing from
the "Secondary Category (x) axis labels", changed the range to include that
last data column, and watched the bar chart add one simple line driven by
the secondary chart. Unfortunately, it wasn't the "Weight" column as I
expected it to be; it was the lower control limit (forth) data column.

I realize this is a lot to ask for but if someone can point me in the right
direction, I'd appreciate it.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

jaygreg -

I didn't look at the details of your message, but I suggest a Google search

I searched for "excel chart blood pressure" (without the quotes), and there
seem to be many questions and answers available.

Of course, if your situation is unique, it's likely that you'll get some
assistance here.

- Mike Middleton
http://www.MikeMiddleton.com

"jaygreg" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

the chart type. It will be added as a line.

Select the weight line and choose Chart, Chart Type, Column.

Double click the weight column series and on the Axes tab choose Secondary
axis

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire