BRIAN LEE via OfficeKB.com

Default Calculate change in blood pressure

I have a pre- and a post-test blood pressure value. The table also has
other pre/post values, so I don't think that splitting systolic/diastolic
values into 2 cells is feasible. How do I calculate the change b/w the two
compound values?

Thank you for your help.
pre post
122/85 130/70
Bernie Deitrick

Brian,

With the "pre" value in cell A1, and the "post" value in cell B1:

=LEFT(B1,FIND("/",B1)-1)-LEFT(A1,FIND("/",A1)-1) & "/"
&MID(B1,FIND("/",B1)+1,3)-MID(A1,FIND("/",A1)+1,3)

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"BRIAN LEE via OfficeKB.com" wrote in message
I have a pre- and a post-test blood pressure value. The table also has
other pre/post values, so I don't think that splitting systolic/diastolic
values into 2 cells is feasible. How do I calculate the change b/w the

two
compound values?

Thank you for your help.
pre post