Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Formatting Data point in Bar Chart

Hi, I'm a research scientist and excel spreadsheets are part of our
livelihood. I could not find a way to change the format of a data point on
my bargraph with crosshatching, which patterns were available on the older
versions. There are a preset of texture options, but little fishies and
tweed are not a simple and professional way to respresent my data. Any
suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

The patterns are still part of Excel, but for whatever reason Microsoft
forgot to add the user interface controls to use them. However, Andy Pope
has written a nice little add-in that reinstates this capability:
http://www.andypope.info/charts/patternfills.htm

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP