Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Bell Curve Creation with more than 255 in one data series

I have a list of data that 2344 sets of data. I want to create a standard
bell curve with this data. I have tried to create a smooth scatter plot but
it does not depict the bell curve.

Please inform me what the best method would be to do this.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Kcope8302 -

(1) Do you have a data set with 2,344 values?

(2) Do you want "a standard bell curve" using the mean and standard
deviation of your data?

(3) Or, do you want a histogram (column chart of the frequency distribution
of your data), which may or may not be bell-shaped?

- Mike Middleton
http://www.MikeMiddleton.com

"Kcope8302" wrote in message
I have a list of data that 2344 sets of data. I want to create a standard
bell curve with this data. I have tried to create a smooth scatter plot
but
it does not depict the bell curve.

Please inform me what the best method would be to do this.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Kcope8302 -

You answered my first question, but you did not answer Yes or No to my
second and third questions.

If by "analyzed in a standard bell curve" you mean Yes to the second
question, see Tushar Mehta's web page
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/ch...tion/index.htm

Instead, if you mean Yes to the third question, (a) use the Histogram tool
of Excel's Analysis ToolPak, or (b) use my Better Histogram add-in
(http://www.treeplan.com/better.htm), or (c) use worksheet function COUNTIF
(or array-entered FREQUENCY) with a Column chart.

- Mike Middleton
http://www.MikeMiddleton.com