Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
NWO NWO is offline

Default Bell curve from Excel data...

Hello.

Using the example from the http://tushar-mehta.com/... site, I have a mean
of 1.55 and a standard deviation of .6176. Now when I plot the data as per
the example on the site, the y-axis starte at 0 whereas the chart extends
into negative terriroty making for a Bell Curve that look's a little strange
to me. So, I guess my questions are (1) is this normal,meaning that does the
chart properly show the standard deviation, (2) is there another suggested
approach to use to get a normal bell curve to appear, starting from 0 on the
x axis? My column A plot points start at -2.51 and edn at 2.49 in increments
of .1. I did this just to get column B to show a 0.

Thank you.

Mark :)