Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Formatting Category Axis

I am trying to format my category axis (y). I can change font and alignment
angle but am unable to set alignment such as right, left, justify, etc.

I have managed to wrap text by using char(10) in my table formula but cannot
seem to change the alignment by the data cell format in table.

Cheers
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

The category axis is always the X axis, regardless of whether it's vertical
or horizontal. But your uncertainty indicates you're using a horizontal bar
chart.

It is not possible to change the orientation of wrapped text in axis tick
labels. Excel centers them and that's all. You can work around this
deficiency by hiding the default labels and adding text boxes, or creating a
dummy series whose data labels provide replacement axis labels. Both data
labels and text boxes allow horizontal alignment adjustments.

To simulate an axis using a dummy series and its data labels, follow one of
these protocols:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...tml#AxisScales

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
_______

"Me !" <Me wrote in message
I am trying to format my category axis (y). I can change font and
alignment
angle but am unable to set alignment such as right, left, justify, etc.

I have managed to wrap text by using char(10) in my table formula but
cannot
seem to change the alignment by the data cell format in table.

Cheers

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Thank you Jon. I am a novice at charting and your reply helped a lot.

Is there anyway to change the axis area size or is this always going to be
governed by the size of the length of text ?

Me !

"Me !" <Me wrote in message
I am trying to format my category axis (y). I can change font and
alignment
angle but am unable to set alignment such as right, left, justify, etc.

I have managed to wrap text by using char(10) in my table formula but
cannot
seem to change the alignment by the data cell format in table.

Cheers

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

You can change the size of the plot area. Click inside the innermost
rectangle, the one that contains the plotted data. Use the little black
handles to resize this rectangular area.

- Jon
-------

"Me !" <Me wrote in message
I am trying to format my category axis (y). I can change font and
alignment
angle but am unable to set alignment such as right, left, justify, etc.

I have managed to wrap text by using char(10) in my table formula but
cannot
seem to change the alignment by the data cell format in table.

Cheers

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Thank you Jon. I have tried this before but cannot pick up and change the
axis size just the plot size.

No to worry, will soldier on with what i have.

thanx again for your help.

Me !