Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default How do I get source data to show on a chart only if greater than z

I am creating a chart that depicts fleet expenses. I want the chart to draw
from the selected source data only if the value is greater than zero. I am
knew to Excel and this has stumped me. I have 22 various entries for
expenses (oil change, etc.). I want the chart to check the table and if
there is an entry - chart it. Is this possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

In place of zero (or empty cell) use =NA(). This displays as #N/A and is
ignored by chart
Alternatively, activate the chart; use Tools | Options and open the Chart
option tab. There you can specify how empty cells are to be treated
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Mark" wrote in message
I am creating a chart that depicts fleet expenses. I want the chart to
draw
from the selected source data only if the value is greater than zero. I
am
knew to Excel and this has stumped me. I have 22 various entries for
expenses (oil change, etc.). I want the chart to check the table and if
there is an entry - chart it. Is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

If cell is actually blank:
Go to Tools-Options-Chart

Change it plot empty cells either as gaps, or interpolated.

If cell has a 0 in it:
Change the formula that generates the 0 so that is displays #N/A instead, i.e.
=IF(A1B1,NA(),A1-B1)
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Mark" wrote:

I am creating a chart that depicts fleet expenses. I want the chart to draw
from the selected source data only if the value is greater than zero. I am
knew to Excel and this has stumped me. I have 22 various entries for
expenses (oil change, etc.). I want the chart to check the table and if
there is an entry - chart it. Is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default How do I get source data to show on a chart only if greater th

Thank You,
I tried it and it seems to be working great. I appreciate you taking the
time to help me out. Thanks, Mark.