Larry

Default Chart Legend

I have charts with several series and the legend shows all
series. Is there a way to delete one or more series only
from the legend, but still have the data for those series
still show on the chart?
Nick Hodge

Larry

Simply click twice on the legend entry. (The first selects the whole legend)
and press delete. This deletes the legend and leaves the chart series data

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Larry" wrote in message
I have charts with several series and the legend shows all
series. Is there a way to delete one or more series only
from the legend, but still have the data for those series
still show on the chart?

Larry

I don't want to delete the entire legend, I can do that.
What I want is to just delete one series from the legend,
and still have the series I deleted from the legend show
graphed on the chart. In other words, let's say I have
four series graphed on the chart and all four series show
in the legend. The end result I am looking for would be
to still have all four series graphed on the chart, but
the legend would show only series 1,2, and 4, with series
3 deleted from the legend.

"Larry" wrote in message
I have charts with several series and the legend shows

all
series. Is there a way to delete one or more series only
from the legend, but still have the data for those

series
still show on the chart?

.

Larry

I was clicking on the line/marker in front of the series
in the legend and not the name of the series, which
highlights both the name and line/marker. Now it works.
Thanks.

That is what I surmised from your first post and that is

the answer I gave.
Click the legend *item* once to select the whole legend

and a second time to
select just one of the legend *items*, then press delete

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Larry" wrote in

[...]