Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Chart templates treates value axis as a category axis

I saved a Chart Template [Line Plot Type] that uses a horizontal value axis,
but when I try to use it in a new workbook, the data is plotted with a
horizontal category axis?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

In a line chart, the horizontal (X) axis IS a category axis. Only an XY
chart has a value horizontal axis.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
_______

"FHW at EAD" <FHW at wrote in message
I saved a Chart Template [Line Plot Type] that uses a horizontal value
axis,
but when I try to use it in a new workbook, the data is plotted with a
horizontal category axis?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Jon,

I'm sorry I incorrectly stated the question: It was an XY chart that I had
saved
as a chart template. When I tried to apply the chart template it changed the
X axis to a category axis [using the ordered sequence rather than the actual
X-values.

FHW

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

In a line chart, the horizontal (X) axis IS a category axis. Only an XY
chart has a value horizontal axis.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
_______

"FHW at EAD" <FHW at wrote in message
I saved a Chart Template [Line Plot Type] that uses a horizontal value
axis,
but when I try to use it in a new workbook, the data is plotted with a
horizontal category axis?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Aha. Probably the X axis data were not recognized as numeric. In this case,
Excel just uses 1, 2, 3, etc. This happens often with imported data, and it
only takes a single non-numeric value to spoil a whole set of X values.

- Jon
-------