Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
rds rds is offline

Default Chart - Inserted shape disappears when printing

I use Excel 2007. I have a chart with a 'line' shape. I see the shape in edit
mode, print preview, and also when printed. However, when I share the file
with my boss (who uses vs. 2003) she can see the line shape but when she
prints it becomes invisible.
Any ideas?
Thanks
RDS

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Try grouping the line and the chart.
The click one, hold CTRL and right click the other, use Group
OR: delete the line; click the chart and re-add the line while the chart is
still selected then the two will be grouped
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"RDS" wrote in message
I use Excel 2007. I have a chart with a 'line' shape. I see the shape in
edit
mode, print preview, and also when printed. However, when I share the file
with my boss (who uses vs. 2003) she can see the line shape but when she
prints it becomes invisible.
Any ideas?
Thanks
RDS

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
rds rds is offline

Can't group as the line needs to be movable.
Thanks for your suggestion. Any others?
RDS

"RDS" wrote in message
I use Excel 2007. I have a chart with a 'line' shape. I see the shape in
edit
mode, print preview, and also when printed. However, when I share the file
with my boss (who uses vs. 2003) she can see the line shape but when she
prints it becomes invisible.
Any ideas?
Thanks
RDS

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

Rather than display a line shape on the chart why not create a line with the
chart. Please explain what the line is used for so we might suggest an
alternative - for example does it represent the Average, or some target value
or ...

Excel 2007 has highly enhanced graphics, way beyond 2003, so depending on
line quality (thickness for example) 2003 may not be able to print it.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire