Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Pivot Table - Total Specfic Columns

Hello all.

I have created a pivot table and am attempting to have data in columns, but
I do not want the columns to total... rather just display the data.

For example... I have am tracking donations from events, and want the
donations to total, but do not want the columns containing the date of the
event or the contributor ID # to total.

e.g.

[-]Campaign 1 - $140

[-] Event 1 - $65

Donor 1 - 11/18/08 - 13638 - $15.00

Donor 2 - 11/18/08 - 12450 - $50.00

[-] Event 2 - $75

Donor 1 - 10/25/08 - 13638 - $75.00

I need these columns in the "sum values" because I do not want a separate
column for each contributor ID or hire date. I also do not want to add all
of the extra rows if I were to add these fields to the "Row Labels" section.

How do I get the only specific columns to total?

or

How do I get columns to display different data in the same column and not
create a new column for each unique data?

Thanks in advance!

-Jeremiah
Canton, GA