Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Removing gris effect in a chart

Hello all!

I created a contour chart in Excel 2007. But there is a grid effect on the
chart. Is it possible to remove it, and how?

Thanks a lot!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

Select the legend and then select a legend entry. CTRL+1 to display the
format dialog.
The dialog should show Format Band in its title.
Select Border colour and set it to No Line.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"Olivier" wrote in message
Hello all!

I created a contour chart in Excel 2007. But there is a grid effect on the
chart. Is it possible to remove it, and how?

Thanks a lot!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

You may see what I mean by 'grid effect' there :

http://img267.imageshack.us/my.php?image=backimgrb9.png

And I do not want this effect... How can I remove it?
Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Thanks for your quick answer.
But it does not work. The grid effect has not disappeared.

Do you have another idea?

"Olivier" wrote in message
Hello all!

I created a contour chart in Excel 2007. But there is a grid effect on the
chart. Is it possible to remove it, and how?

Thanks a lot!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Thanks for posting the picture.

I can not find anything that controls the diagonal shading effect.

Interesting though I created a surface plot in xl2003. Opened it in xl2007
and the shading effect did not appear.
So I save this as a chart template and was able to apply that to a chart
created in xl2007. Even changing the colours and bands.
But as soon as I applied a built-in design the shading appears and can not
be removed.

Cheers
Andy

--

"Olivier" wrote in message
You may see what I mean by 'grid effect' there :

http://img267.imageshack.us/my.php?image=backimgrb9.png

And I do not want this effect... How can I remove it?
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

This is not really going to help but it may introduce something you didn't
know about - single click the Legend, then single click one of the legend
entries, then right-click the legend entry and choose Format Band.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Olivier" wrote in message
Hello all!

I created a contour chart in Excel 2007. But there is a grid effect on the
chart. Is it possible to remove it, and how?

Thanks a lot!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hello Shane,

I think it is the same solution than Andy's solution. And it does not work...
But thank you for your participation and your efforts!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

Well the bad news is that there is no UI way of removing the shading effect.
The good news however is that there is a code way to do it.

activechart.ChartGroups(1).has3dshading = 0

Information courtesy of the guys at MS. (thank you Scott)

Cheers
Andy