vertblancrouge

Default Time scale axis should be available in PivotChart Report.

We should be able to time scale the X axis in PivotChart Reports. Pivot
Charts are very usefull. I don't see any good reason to lose the time scale
propety while doing a PivotChart Report.
Jon Peltier

Pivot Charts are very useful.

I guess I don't agree. It could have beenn true, except for the severe
limitations in Pivot Charts, one of which is the topic of your post,
which render them nearly useless in most nontrivial applications. The
only time I make pivot charts, in fact, is to answer posts in this group.

I make regular charts from pivot table data. This is not too hard, as
long as you are careful in the Source Data dialogs. Start by selecting a
blank cell away from the pivot table, and click on the Chart Wizard
button. In step 1 select the chart type. In step 2, click on the Series
tab, and for each series you need, click add, then define the name, x
values (categories), and y values for the series. If you try to use the
Data Range tab, or if you select one of the pivot buttons in the Series
tab when selecting ranges, your chart will be converted into a pivot
chart, and you'll have to start over.

This regular chart will have all of the capabilities of any regular
chart in Excel. It will not be able to pivot with changes in the pivot
table. If my pivot table will be dynamic in terms of changing numbers of
rows and columns, I will write a VBA procedure to update the source data
of each series.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP