Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default 'Reset to Match Style' removes all formatting from custom chart

Hi,

I have created a set of custom chart files (.crtx) that have detailed
formatting, such as setting gridlines correctly, moving the title and
formatting axis numbers.

When I use these to insert a new chart the colors on the new chart does not
match the document theme, and so I run 'reset to match style' again the chart.

The color scheme now matches - but I have lost all of the formatting from
the crtx file - it looks like it goes back to the MS default formats!

How can I get the charts to look as I want them, but with the correct color
scheme?