Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Standard chart types over-ridden by user-defined 'default'

Excel 2002, Chart Wizard, all of the standard and built in custom chart types
have been over-ridden with one of my user-defined chart types which has
appeared in the list as "Default". Whatever system-defined type I select I
get a mangled version of the user-defined chart called default.

On the standard types tab the option to select a default type has gone
altogether and there does not seem to be an option to delete any of the user
defined entries.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Office without success. How can I
reset this part of Excel?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

You delete user define custom chart type by choosing Chart, Chart Type,
Custom Types, User-defined, then select each chart you want to delete and
press Delete.

To set the Default chart type back to its original choose the Standard Types
tab and choose the first Column sub type and click Set as default chart.

When you select a chart and click the Chart Wizard button the option to Set
as default chart will not appear, instead select the chart and use the Chart,
Chart Types menu, not the wizard.

Thanks,
Shane Devenshire