Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default How suppress chart points - cells with formulae returning null

I want to suppress chart points for a cumulative line graph of monthly
telephone costs where the particular month's values have not yet been entered
but there is a formula in the cell which currently returns null but will
return the value once it is posted on the accountmaster sheet.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

Use NA(). The will cause the data marker to be omitted. Note the line will
be interpolated between valid data points.
Something like this,

=IF( <test , <value , NA() )

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"sarcastix" wrote in message
I want to suppress chart points for a cumulative line graph of monthly
telephone costs where the particular month's values have not yet been
entered
but there is a formula in the cell which currently returns null but will
return the value once it is posted on the accountmaster sheet.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Set the formula to return NA() if you aren't in the current month.
--
HTH,
Barb Reinhardt

If this post was helpful to you, please click YES below.