Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default merging charts

Id like to put data from different columns in a chart. I've got a spreadsheet
with multiple 2x20 'tables'. In the first column is speed and in the second
column is a torque value for the given speed in the first column. Problem
seems to be that the 1st column in each of these 'tables' arent the same
values, but there all speed. say I have in the first table speed values of
10,15,20,25.... and in another table I have speed values of
12,16,22,23....... Id like to plot all of the table on 1 graph(line). Anyway
to do this within excel(vista)?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

1. Easiest way is just to put the two sets of data below each other.

2. Second way is to modify the series formula:

=SERIES(Sheet3!$D$3,(Sheet3!$C$4:$C$6,Sheet3!$F$4: $F$6),(Sheet3!$D$4:$D$6,Sheet3!$G$4:$G$6),1)

In this case I started with
=SERIES(Sheet3!$D$3,Sheet3!$C$4:$C$6,Sheet3!$D$4:$ D$6,1)
and just add the second x range and the second Y range to the formula.

It might make most sense to use a scatter chart if you are doing this with
both axes containing numbers.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Cordell Cahill" wrote:

Id like to put data from different columns in a chart. I've got a spreadsheet
with multiple 2x20 'tables'. In the first column is speed and in the second
column is a torque value for the given speed in the first column. Problem
seems to be that the 1st column in each of these 'tables' arent the same
values, but there all speed. say I have in the first table speed values of
10,15,20,25.... and in another table I have speed values of
12,16,22,23....... Id like to plot all of the table on 1 graph(line). Anyway
to do this within excel(vista)?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Thanks for the reply. Im looking for a seperate curve(line) for each 'table'.
Sorry Im a excel noob, usually deal with matlab, but I believe Im trying to
have more then 1 series, 5 actually, each dealing with the torque output of
each of 5 gear ratios with the y axis corresponding to the speed in which
they happen.

"Cordell Cahill" wrote:

Id like to put data from different columns in a chart. I've got a spreadsheet
with multiple 2x20 'tables'. In the first column is speed and in the second
column is a torque value for the given speed in the first column. Problem
seems to be that the 1st column in each of these 'tables' arent the same
values, but there all speed. say I have in the first table speed values of
10,15,20,25.... and in another table I have speed values of
12,16,22,23....... Id like to plot all of the table on 1 graph(line). Anyway
to do this within excel(vista)?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I didn't answer before, because I couldn't understand your dilemma.

Select the data for the first series, and create an XY chart (not a line
chart). You can format the points so they are connected by line segments.

Select and copy the data for the next series, select the chart, and use Edit
menu Paste Special to add the data as a new series. Repeat as many times
as you have data sets.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Cordell Cahill" wrote:

Id like to put data from different columns in a chart. I've got a
spreadsheet
with multiple 2x20 'tables'. In the first column is speed and in the
second
column is a torque value for the given speed in the first column.
Problem
seems to be that the 1st column in each of these 'tables' arent the
same
values, but there all speed. say I have in the first table speed values
of
10,15,20,25.... and in another table I have speed values of
12,16,22,23....... Id like to plot all of the table on 1 graph(line).
Anyway
to do this within excel(vista)?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Perfect!!! Thank you very much for all the help