Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Changing an axis to show time with hour intervals

I am trying to create a chart from a spreadsheet of data that has 3 years and
all 12 months. Each month has different days and different times where data
was pulled. What I want to do is create a chart with all the months in the
data and have the axis showing time intervals of an hour each starting from
12:00am-12:00am with the hours in between 12:00am, 1:00am, etc). Can anyone
help me? I have tried using the scale under the format axis tab but can't
figure out how to show time in intervals. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I have 1470 lines of data with the Date and time on different cells. It looks
like this:

A1: Fri Feb 13, 2004
A:2 5:00 PM

it goes all the way down to A:1470. I have tried to separate the time from
the date by making two columns (A: date B:time) but that doesn't work either.

"hollis78" wrote in message
I am trying to create a chart from a spreadsheet of data that has 3 years
and
all 12 months. Each month has different days and different times where
data
was pulled. What I want to do is create a chart with all the months in the
data and have the axis showing time intervals of an hour each starting
from
12:00am-12:00am with the hours in between 12:00am, 1:00am, etc). Can
anyone
help me? I have tried using the scale under the format axis tab but can't
figure out how to show time in intervals. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

So, what do you want your x-axis to look like? Dates and times or
just times? If just times, then if you have multiple readings on
different dates but at the same time, you expect to have all those
values plotted one above the other corresponding to that time on the
x-axis. Correct?

On Mon, 6 Oct 2008 10:44:13 -0700, hollis78
wrote:

I have 1470 lines of data with the Date and time on different cells.
It looks
like this:

A1: Fri Feb 13, 2004
A:2 5:00 PM

"hollis78" wrote in message
I am trying to create a chart from a spreadsheet of data that has 3 years
and
all 12 months. Each month has different days and different times where
data
was pulled. What I want to do is create a chart with all the months in the
data and have the axis showing time intervals of an hour each starting
from
12:00am-12:00am with the hours in between 12:00am, 1:00am, etc). Can
anyone
help me? I have tried using the scale under the format axis tab but can't
figure out how to show time in intervals. Thanks.

Regards,

Tushar Mehta
Microsoft MVP Excel 2000-2008
www.tushar-mehta.com
Tutorials and add-ins for Excel, PowerPoint, and other products