Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Chart does NOT show data entered for the values represented

I continue to find a problem in excel 2007 that was not present in 2003. I
will input 2or more columns and rows of data to create a chart, then create
the chart; but IF MORE THAN ONE data path is selected to be charted, the
other data paths are charted incorrectly. They do not reflect the values in
the cells! Obviously then, my charts are wrong and I can't rely on them for
analysis. Please respond if this has happened to you and you know how to
correct for this. I am very frustrated.

--
Judi
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi Judi,

Data Path? what is this, are your charts refering to other workbooks? Why
don't you give us a dummy data layout and explain what you are getting and
what you want.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Judi" wrote:

I continue to find a problem in excel 2007 that was not present in 2003. I
will input 2or more columns and rows of data to create a chart, then create
the chart; but IF MORE THAN ONE data path is selected to be charted, the
other data paths are charted incorrectly. They do not reflect the values in
the cells! Obviously then, my charts are wrong and I can't rely on them for
analysis. Please respond if this has happened to you and you know how to
correct for this. I am very frustrated.

--
Judi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi Shane, Judi,

I have the same problem, I think.

Example:

x y1 y2
1 8 15
2 9 16
3 10 17
4 11 18
5 12 19

Now what happens is when I plot both y's against x is that y1 conforms to
the axis settings (manual) in the chart and y2 picks an axis configuration
(just as if you would set it to automatic) to display all data over the
entire chart.
If you then select y2 data series - format in the chart and change the 'plot
series on' option to 'secondary axis' then the chart will indeed show that
the secondary axis is being used for the second series. So the problem is
that the chart plots both series on different axes, while the settings are
set to one axis plotting.

A possible workaround is to set the secondary axis to the same maximum and
minimum values, but this will show axis values on both sides of the chart.

Any idea on how to fix this bug?