Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Ake Ake is offline

Default I'd like to have the X-axis a fixed length.

As it is, the length of the x-axis in x-axis units (read time) may of course
be fixed, the the physical length on the printout (centimeters), changes to
allow for more or less digits on the Y-axis.

I would like to be able to fix the length of the X-axis so I can compare
prints with a Y-scale of 0-10 with another with a Y-scale of 0.000 to
1000.000.

Kind of a field for "always leave room for up to 9 digits on the Y-scale"
(and if that must be exceeded, first reduce the number of decimals, then
revert to scientific notation, and only _then_ shorten the X-axis.)

Regards / Ake

click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...excel.charting