Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Data over time graph

I'm in construction, and I'm trying to put together a graph that will show
cost exposure over time for our various subs. Basically, what I want is a
graph that shows running totals for our subcontractors - so if we have a sub
that is on a particular job from 9/10 - 10/15 for 15 million dollars and
another job from 10/3 - 11/2 for 20 million dollars, the sub is exposed for
15 million dollars up through 10/3, 35 million through 10/15, and 20 million
through 11/2. I want to make a graph that would show this data, but for
multiple subs. I'm not sure exactly how to set up an excel graph that would
do this.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

you're looking at a stacked bar chart.

So, you'd have, say, dates running down column A, then time for each project
in columns B through whatever.

click your chart icon up top, select Bar then stacked bar.

Or, you can pick a stacked line.. Whichever you prefer.

You may want to go by weeks rather than days. Makes for less lines.

"JGeis" wrote:

I'm in construction, and I'm trying to put together a graph that will show
cost exposure over time for our various subs. Basically, what I want is a
graph that shows running totals for our subcontractors - so if we have a sub
that is on a particular job from 9/10 - 10/15 for 15 million dollars and
another job from 10/3 - 11/2 for 20 million dollars, the sub is exposed for
15 million dollars up through 10/3, 35 million through 10/15, and 20 million
through 11/2. I want to make a graph that would show this data, but for
multiple subs. I'm not sure exactly how to set up an excel graph that would
do this.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Sean,

Won't that just show the project duration, not the dollar value attached to
the sub during those durations?