Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Problem printing a scatter chart with more than 2706 rows of data

I have encountered a problem with Excel 2007 recently. A scatter chart, with
smooth lines, based on 2706 rows of data will print correctly, but if I
expand the data to include 2707 rows of data, the printout lacks the plot of
the series data. the gridlines are there, axes, even the legend showing the
color for the series data, but plot of the data is missing. I have a program
which plots data for 3 columns with 4096 rows. The printout works just fine
using Excel 97, but not for Excel 2007.

Can anyone give me a clue about what is happening here?
--
Terry G. Capps
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Excel 2007 chokes on charts with lots of data, and the definition of "lots"
is smaller than you may expect. Try it without the smoothed lines.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions