Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default I would like to display the % of a pie chart on the legend

i can put the % next to the text by the graph, but I was hoping to put it on
the legend next to the color followed by the description. Is this possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

Yes but you will need to build the text you want to display in a cell,
including a formula to calculate percentage.

For a data set in range A1:B5,

B1:=Slices
A2: =a B2: =1
A3: =b B3: =2
A4: =c B4: =3
A5: =d B5: =4

Put the following formula in C2 and copy down.
=TEXT(B2/SUM($B$2:$B$5),"0.0%") & " - " & A2

Create the pie on the range A1:B5 and then via the Source Data dialog
change the category labels range to C2:C5.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel