-   -   I would like to display the % of a pie chart on the legend (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/202251-i-would-like-display-%25-pie-chart-legend.html)

erock

I would like to display the % of a pie chart on the legend

i can put the % next to the text by the graph, but I was hoping to put it on
the legend next to the color followed by the description. Is this possible?

Andy Pope

I would like to display the % of a pie chart on the legend

Hi,

Yes but you will need to build the text you want to display in a cell,
including a formula to calculate percentage.

For a data set in range A1:B5,

B1:=Slices
A2: =a B2: =1
A3: =b B3: =2
A4: =c B4: =3
A5: =d B5: =4

Put the following formula in C2 and copy down.
=TEXT(B2/SUM($B$2:$B$5),"0.0%") & " - " & A2

Create the pie on the range A1:B5 and then via the Source Data dialog
change the category labels range to C2:C5.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel