Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Problem (x axis?) incremental

I have values in the first colum from 1895-2008 (for x axis) and
values for y axis startign at 1 up to 2500

How can I create a line graph to show this?

Thanks

(Sounds obv.)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

If the first column values are not uniformly spaced, you should use an XY
chart, not a line chart. An XY chart automatically uses the first column for
X values, unless (as I discovered yesterday) the X and Y values all consist
of dates.

To ensure that Excel correctly parses your data for any chart type, put the
X values in the first column, and Y values in subsequent columns. Leave a
blank cell above the X values, and enter labels in the cells above each
column of Y values. The blank cell signals Excel not to guess, and that the
first column and first row are different from the rest of the data.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions