Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Pivot Charts

Sorry if this is doubled we lost power when I hit send and I don't see it

I have a pivot chart where the x axis has dates. It currently is displayed
as 7/31/08 and I need it to be Jul-08. I have gone into the format area
chosen number then date and chosen the Jul-08 format but it doesn't change on
the Pivot chart. it still shows as 7/31/08. How can I change this I think
I'm choosing the right thing but since it hasn't changed I guess I'm not
HELP!!!!!!
--
Cher
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

The pivot chart number formats are controlled by the field format in the
pivot table.
Right-click a date in the pivot table
Click on Field Settings
Change the Number Format to the date format that you want.

Cher062 wrote:
Sorry if this is doubled we lost power when I hit send and I don't see it

I have a pivot chart where the x axis has dates. It currently is displayed
as 7/31/08 and I need it to be Jul-08. I have gone into the format area
chosen number then date and chosen the Jul-08 format but it doesn't change on
the Pivot chart. it still shows as 7/31/08. How can I change this I think
I'm choosing the right thing but since it hasn't changed I guess I'm not
HELP!!!!!!

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

I knew there was a way but I just couldn't remember how to get to it. I
can't thank you enough.
--
Cher