Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
BC BC is offline

Default gaps in category axis

I have 2 charts, both of which have date as the x-axis. Both charts have
associated VBA code to allow the start and end dates on the x-axis to be
changed, and then a button to regenerate the chart for the new date range. On
one of the charts, when I change a large date range to a much shorter date
range, the x-axis acquires extra values, but on the other chart when I do the
same thing the x-axis has big gaps between the values. How can I get thie
second chart to generate extra values instead of leaving gaps?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Does one chart have a date-scale axis and the other a category style axis?
You may get a category style axis if the format of the dates is not
recognized by Excel, or if the setting was explicitly changed (Chart menu
Chart Options Axes tab in Excel 2003 & earlier, Format Axis dialog in
Excel 2007).

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"BC" wrote in message
I have 2 charts, both of which have date as the x-axis. Both charts have
associated VBA code to allow the start and end dates on the x-axis to be
changed, and then a button to regenerate the chart for the new date range.
On
one of the charts, when I change a large date range to a much shorter date
range, the x-axis acquires extra values, but on the other chart when I do
the
same thing the x-axis has big gaps between the values. How can I get thie
second chart to generate extra values instead of leaving gaps?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
BC BC is offline

Hi Jon,

Both charts have Category (X) axis set to automatic, and both have the dates
displayed in custom format mmm-yy.

BC