Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default gaps in category axis

Does one chart have a date-scale axis and the other a category style axis?
You may get a category style axis if the format of the dates is not
recognized by Excel, or if the setting was explicitly changed (Chart menu
Chart Options Axes tab in Excel 2003 & earlier, Format Axis dialog in
Excel 2007).

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"BC" wrote in message
I have 2 charts, both of which have date as the x-axis. Both charts have
associated VBA code to allow the start and end dates on the x-axis to be
changed, and then a button to regenerate the chart for the new date range.
On
one of the charts, when I change a large date range to a much shorter date
range, the x-axis acquires extra values, but on the other chart when I do
the
same thing the x-axis has big gaps between the values. How can I get thie
second chart to generate extra values instead of leaving gaps?