Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Excel 2007 - chart data update loses legend

In Excel 2002 I built a simple line chart with 3 series, date bottom axis -
the source date table was a huge worksheet of 1000 lines and 30 columns, but
and my chart used 3 contiguous columns plus a non-contiguous date column. To
update the chart daily, i simply added the new line to the worksheet,
extended my selection box to cover that line and the chart was done. I had
set up legend titles that were not the same as the related column titles.
Now that I have converted to Excel 2007, none of this works - when I try to
update the series data, the chart melts into one line and I lose the legends
I set up (reverts back to Series 1, etc.) The date axis works fine. I
discovered I could manually update the ending cell number in the 'data
selection' box which was not satisfactory but works; however, no matter what
I do, the legend always goes back to the generic. Can this be fixed, or do I
need to rebuild the function using one of the dynamic models you have
recommended? Is this an intentional difference related to Excel 2007?
--
Sandra
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Can anyone help with this? I am managing to live with the problem on the
simple chart I do daily, but will need a more efficient approach when I
create my next chart.
--
Sandra