Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default 2007- unwanted column chart n/a labels displaying

I am using Excel 2007 and have found that I cannot get the NA() labels to NOT
display. As desired, there is no column where the cell values are na() but
the labels for those cells are displaying as "N/A". How do I keep these
labels from appearing?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Interesting. I made a Line chart with =NA() and the points were joined (as
expected)
When I added labels, the #N/A did NOT appear
A copy of the same charge was changed to a Column chart and the #N/A does
appears
But then, with a column chart you could just leave the cell blank.
What type of chart are you using?
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Bob Arnett" wrote in message
I am using Excel 2007 and have found that I cannot get the NA() labels to
NOT
display. As desired, there is no column where the cell values are na() but
the labels for those cells are displaying as "N/A". How do I keep these
labels from appearing?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

The advice about using NA() in a formula to hide a data point works fine for
line or XY charts. The best advice for a column or bar chart is to use ""
instead.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Bob Arnett" wrote in message
I am using Excel 2007 and have found that I cannot get the NA() labels to
NOT
display. As desired, there is no column where the cell values are na()
but
the labels for those cells are displaying as "N/A". How do I keep these
labels from appearing?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I'm actually using a combination column and line chart and when I ran into
the problem for the line chart series, I used the =NA() solution I had found
from a previously posted question here. What I also did was change all my
formulas in the data ranges to use the =NA() instead of the "". That's
probably what caused the problem with the column series. I don't have the
Workbook here but I'll try it tonight when I go home and let you know.