Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default change source data in multiple charts

Hi
I have over 30 charts where I need to change the source data and it's taking
ages doing it manually, especially as each chart has 3 or 4 series. Is there
an easy way of doing this, please?
I've tried find and replace, but that doesn;t work
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

We need a little more detail. 1. Are you modifying all the charts to use
the same new range or does each chart use a different new range? Is the
data compact, that is, if you choose the chart wizard and look at the Data
Range tab does the Data Range box contain a simple reference like
=Sheet1!$B$2:$E$7?

Thanks,
Shane

"Tuxla" wrote in message
Hi
I have over 30 charts where I need to change the source data and it's
taking
ages doing it manually, especially as each chart has 3 or 4 series. Is
there
an easy way of doing this, please?
I've tried find and replace, but that doesn;t work
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi
The charts will all be using different data ranges, but they are all in the
same column, which is why I thought find and replace might work.
Yes, the data is compact. All I want to do is change the column letter (eg
from column B to column C)
Thanks

"Tuxla" wrote in message
Hi
I have over 30 charts where I need to change the source data and it's
taking
ages doing it manually, especially as each chart has 3 or 4 series. Is
there
an easy way of doing this, please?
I've tried find and replace, but that doesn;t work
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I've built a small utility that manages simple changes for you. To change a
column, change (for example) $A$ to B. If you just change A to B, it may
also change the letter A in a sheet name.

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ChgSrsFmla.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Tuxla" wrote in message
Hi
I have over 30 charts where I need to change the source data and it's
taking
ages doing it manually, especially as each chart has 3 or 4 series. Is
there
an easy way of doing this, please?
I've tried find and replace, but that doesn;t work
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

We need more detail - is each chart being plotted from the same range or is
each chart plotted from a different range? If its the "source data" that
is changing why do you need to change anything - charts are dynamic and
update automatically? If you are plotting different ranges when the data
changes, how does the new data range relate to the old data range? Does it
move one column to the right, or down one row, or what. Is the new data in
a completely different part of the spreadsheet/workbook and if so how do you
know where it will be?

Give us an example - the original data plots A2:C20 and the new plot will be
D2:F20 or what ever.

Thanks,
Shane