Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default solve 2 linear equations on a graph

I have plotted 2 lines on a graph in Excel 2003 and I want the function that
gives the value of the intersection
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

if they are trend lines, use the slope and intercept functions to give you
the coefficients for each equation, and then solve for x and y, given that
at the intersection point, x and y will be the same for both lines.

Dave

url:http://www.ureader.com/msg/10296297.aspx

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

If you have the gradient and intercept of the two lines in four cells then
you work out the X coordinate where they cross using

(intercept2-intercept1)/(slope1-slope2)

and the corresponding Y cordinate using

=(Xcoordinate x slope1)+intercept1

Then you can plot these two points as another series on the chart. Let me
know if you get stuck.