Paul28

Default X axis months are truncated??

I have four Excel charts. The first one has the months from Jan through Dec
in three letter format. The 2nd through 4th appear as
Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, Ma, Jun, Jul, Au, Se, Oct, No, Dec. Why are these four
months truncated to two letters each while the other eight are in the desired
three letter format. The names of the months for the four charts all come
from the same column on the Chart Data table.

John Mansfield

Paul,

Check to make sure that all of your charts and chart plot areas are
uniformly sized and that the X-axis fonts and font sizes are exactly the
same. At times I've experienced that same type of problem and it is usually
boils down to how the plot area automatically sizes with the different data
that I'm working with. Usually I have to just make adjustments to all of the
charts until they are sized correctly and look uniform. Unfortunately I
don't know of a faster way to get around it other than using VBA to automate
the process.

----
Regards,
John Mansfield
http://www.pdbook.com

"Paul28" wrote:

I have four Excel charts. The first one has the months from Jan through Dec
in three letter format. The 2nd through 4th appear as
Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, Ma, Jun, Jul, Au, Se, Oct, No, Dec. Why are these four
months truncated to two letters each while the other eight are in the desired
three letter format. The names of the months for the four charts all come
from the same column on the Chart Data table.

Jon Peltier

Paul showed me his charts last week, and while I could observe this
behavior, I could find no reason for it. The charts were taller than
wide, but otherwise were just plain charts. Everything else was
nominally the same. Same dimensions, same font sizes and styles.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services