Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Secondary Axis Values Disappear

Office 2003

When I elect to "show data table" my secondary axis values disapper. As soon
as I uncheck "show data table" in chart options, the axis values reappears.
Can't I have both (secondary axis values AND data table)?

TIA,

Karen
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi Karen,

Excel's chart data tables have many limitations. It depends what type of
chart you have. Some types won't let you have a data table at all, some only
for data on one axis. Some, like a column chart, will let you have a data
table even if you have both primarty and secondary axes. If you have a
combination chart, well, forget it!
They also have very limited formatting and editing options.
The best way is to build your own data table in the cells below the chart,
and make it appear as though the two are connected.

Dave

url:http://www.ureader.com/msg/10296168.aspx
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

and make it appear as though the two are connected.

Or not. One can take OCD to the extreme when it's really unnecessary.

If you need a data table, maybe you don't need the chart?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions