Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Transfering Graphs from excel2007 to excel 2003

Hi,

I have a odd issue, I used Excel2007 to create a fairly complex graph
containing 3 Barcharts as well as 2 Linecharts linked to a secondary axis.
The rest of my collegues are using Excel 2003 and can open the files
(compatibility warning about the formating of a few cells (minor issue)) but
the graphs are now shown as objects not as graphs. this means they can not be
changed by anyone who does not have Excel 2007.
Any Idea how I can get them to work without reverting back to 2003 and
recreating all 65 Graphs and the surrounding file?

Hope the mail makes sense to anyone but me.

Thanks in advance

Dave
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

On Tue, 3 Jun 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
Bernard Liengme said:
I switch between 2003 and 2207 with have had no problems like yours.

Wow, that's the earliest beta I've ever seen!

--
Del Cotter
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Thanks for the help,

the solution struck me about 5 minutes ago by random chance. As I regularly
have to present these graphs, I had always grouped 2 Graphs together. Once I
had ungrouped them in Excel 2007 the graphs were fully changable and fine in
excel 2003.

Have not been able to try it in 2207 yet though, as my company does not have
a copy of it ;)

Cheers

Dave

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

Suggest you do a quick experiment. Make a very simple chart and sent it to
colleagues. Do they see a chart?
I switch between 2003 and 2207 with have had no problems like yours.
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP