Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Excel Graph Problem - Need Help

After selecting the data to be displayed in the graph and creating the line
graph, the data labels show the correct numbers, but they don't correspond
with the scale on the Y axis. Example: The amount is 42,000, but it is
plotted on the graph at about 52,000 and when you run the curser over it, the
amount still says the correct #. There are multiple lines in the chart and
the first line is correctly plotted, but the rest are all off. If I plot each
line on a separate chart then they turn out fine. How can I fix this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I suspect you've used the stacked line chart (middle option in the chart
wizard) rather than the regular line chart (left option).

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"smayers" wrote in message
After selecting the data to be displayed in the graph and creating the
line
graph, the data labels show the correct numbers, but they don't correspond
with the scale on the Y axis. Example: The amount is 42,000, but it is
plotted on the graph at about 52,000 and when you run the curser over it,
the
amount still says the correct #. There are multiple lines in the chart and
the first line is correctly plotted, but the rest are all off. If I plot
each
line on a separate chart then they turn out fine. How can I fix this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

You were right! Thank you so much. I knew it was some minor detail that was
my own fault. It was driving me crazy though! I spent a good hour trying to
figure out how to adjust the scales to make it work!

Shellie