Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Retrieving linked label formula with VBA

Dear group,

I linked datalabels of a chart with cells (by selecting a single label,
typing "=", clicking the cell to link with and then enter).
Now I want to get the label's formula with VBA, but I only get the value
with objPoint.DataLabel.Text.
I am missing something like objPoint.DataLabel.Formula.
Currently I use XL 2003.
Any good ideas?

Thanks in advance, Holger.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

hi, Holger !

I linked datalabels of a chart with cells (by selecting a single label
typing "=", clicking the cell to link with and then enter).
Now I want to get the label's formula with VBA
but I only get the value with objPoint.DataLabel.Text.
I am missing something like objPoint.DataLabel.Formula.
Currently I use XL 2003.
Any good ideas?

you need to activate(select) "the chart" AND activate(select) "the datalabel"
and then... "ask" for help to the (ancient) xl-4 macro-functions (i.e.)

msgbox executeexcel4macro("get.formula(selection())")

which gives the formula in the form: =[bookname]sheetname!R1C1

or... you can "convert" into A1 notation i.e.

msgbox application.convertformula(executeexcel4macro("get .formula(selection())"),xlr1c1,xla1)

hth,
hector.