Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
EK EK is offline

Default Combination chart - Column + Line with reverse category on Office

Hi,

Need help on the following:
Able to create a combination chart of Column (Primary vertical axis) and
Line (Secondary vertical axis). When I select reverse categories for the
horizontal axis, only the data for Column is reversed, the line remain the
same.
How can I circumvent this ?
Thanks very much ... EK
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

Assuming xl2007.
It would appear you need to add a secondary category axis and also set that
to be in reverse order.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"EK" wrote in message

Need help on the following:
Able to create a combination chart of Column (Primary vertical axis) and
Line (Secondary vertical axis). When I select reverse categories for the
horizontal axis, only the data for Column is reversed, the line remain
the
same.
How can I circumvent this ?
Thanks very much ... EK

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
EK EK is offline

Default Combination chart - Column + Line with reverse category on Off

Hi, Andy, Thanks very much. I am using xl2007. Cool .. it worked.

If I used a 100% stacked column, is it possible to display the % share
inside the column similar to that of the pie chart without having to
calculate it and if so, how ?

EK

"EK" wrote in message

Need help on the following:
Able to create a combination chart of Column (Primary vertical axis) and
Line (Secondary vertical axis). When I select reverse categories for the
horizontal axis, only the data for Column is reversed, the line remain
the
same.
How can I circumvent this ?
Thanks very much ... EK

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

You need to calculate the %'s. and then either plot those values or use this
free addin to link data labels with cells.
Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler,http://appspro.com

Cheers
Andy